Welcome to Cribb House
As Head of Boarding, I and the dedicated boarding team, welcome you to Cribb House, the home of Ipswich Girls’ and Junior Grammar School’s boarding community.
The School has a proud history of providing a highly valued boarding program to students from diverse local and international backgrounds.
At IGGS and IJGS, we seek to alleviate any anxiety around sending your daughter to boarding school. While we cannot replace your daughter’s actual home, we work to ensure the best experience for your daughter and your family, providing a supportive environment and the tools to thrive academically, socially and creatively.
As part of the Cribb House community, your daughter will:
- Build social skills and form strong, lifelong friendships through shared experiences and interests.
- Foster healthy study habits through structured study sessions and understand the importance of time management, ensuring she is well placed to succeed at university or in her chosen field after high school. Additional support is available to students who find managing their study load challenging.
- Participate in the extensive range of co-curricular programs offered by the School, including sport, the arts and academic extension programs. Arrangements are made to support boarders in attending their extra-curricular school commitments and balancing their academic load.
- Develop leadership skills, supporting her peers and acting as a role model to younger students.
- Expand her understanding of the world, as she is exposed to a range of people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience personal growth and develop qualities such as cooperation, independence, confidence and negotiation
- Learn the importance of many life-skills, including managing finances, maintaining personal belongings and room, and taking responsibility for their own laundering needs. This will help your daughter to become independent and self-reliant, assisting her with the transition to life after school
Welcome to our close-knit community of IGGS and IJGS boarders. We look forward to working in partnership with you and your daughter to ensure her time at Cribb House is fulfilling.
It is an honour to be entrusted with the care of such vibrant, energetic and compassionate future leaders.
Ms Rebecca Jones
Head of Boarding