OGA News and Events
- Annual Luncheon, 8 June at 12noon in the Phoenix Room – complete and return acceptance form
- Melbourne Cup Luncheon, 5 November at 10.30am in the Phoenix Room
- Theatre Night, 28 November at 7.30pm (for 8.00pm) at Ipswich Little Theatre
- IGGSOGA AGM, 19 February at 7.00pm in Meeting Room
- General Meeting, 29 April at 7.00pm in Meeting Room
- General Meeting, 29 July at 7.00pm in Meeting Room
- General Meeting, 21 October at 7.00pm in Meeting Room
This year the OGA is holding an Annual Luncheon specifically designed to cater for reunion groups as well as general attendees. This will be held mid-year (8 June 2019). Reunion cohorts are invited to hold their reunions at this Annual Lunch. [NB This Luncheon is separate from the Long Lunch which is a School Fundraising event.]
Reunions range from small informal friendship groups to larger gatherings at significant milestones — usually decades or half decades. These reunions provide the opportunity for all past students and OGA members to reconnect with each other. At each event it is great to see old friends meeting after losing touch over the years and finding out about their lives since leaving IGGS.
A Reunion booklet is available which outlines procedures and advises what assistance is forthcoming from the OGA. As the actual functions are organised by the OGA Committee, it is a very easy way to hold a reunion as many have found to their pleasure. It simplifies much of the work involved for the organisers and has proved very successful and popular in recent years. If you would like a booklet please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in attending any of the reunions held this year, please make initial contact with your cohort organiser.
Milestone reunions planned for 2019:
- Annual Luncheon, 8 June Phoenix Room IGGS
- 40 Year Reunion: 1975-1979 (2nd Form – 6th Form) cohort – Please contact: Cathy (nee Bamford) Urquhart, mobile: +61 (0) 419 706201.