OGA News and Events
- Saturday 3 March – Commemoration Day, 2.00pm, Performing Arts Complex
- Thursday 10 May – Theatre Night, 7.30pm (for 8.00pm start), Ipswich Little Theatre
- Saturday 9 June – Annual Luncheon, 12noon, Phoenix Room – Click here to download the Booking Form
- Saturday 4 August – Annual Dinner, 6.30pm, Phoenix Room – Click here to download the Booking Form
- Tuesday 6 November – Melbourne Cup Luncheon, 10.30am, Phoenix Room
- Thursday 6 December – Theatre Night, 7.30pm (for 8.00pm start), Ipswich Little Theatre
- Monday 19 February – IGGSOGA AGM, 7.00pm, Library
- Monday 23 April – General, 7.00pm, Meeting Room
- Monday 23 July – General, 7.00pm, Meeting Room
- Monday 15 October – General, 7.00pm, Meeting Room
The OGA holds two events annually which are specifically designed to cater for reunion groups as well as general attendees. These are the Annual Luncheon held mid-year (9 June 2018) and the Annual Dinner (4 August 2018). Reunion cohorts are invited to hold their reunions at the Annual Lunch or Dinner.
Reunions range from small informal friendship groups to larger gatherings at significant milestones — usually decades or half decades. These reunions provide the opportunity for all past students and OGA members to reconnect with each other. At each event it is great to see old friends meeting after losing touch over the years and finding out about their lives since leaving IGGS.
A Reunion booklet is available which outlines procedures and advises what assistance is forthcoming from the OGA. As the actual functions are organised by the OGA Committee, it is a very easy way to hold a reunion as many have found to their pleasure. It simplifies much of the work involved for the organisers and has proved very successful and popular in recent years. If you would like a booklet please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in attending any of the reunions held this year, please make initial contact with your cohort organiser.
Milestone reunions planned for 2018:
Annual Luncheon – 9 June
50 Year Reunion
For any students of the 1964 to 1968 girls’ cohort.
70 Year Reunion
A reunion of the girls who commenced in Sub-Junior in 1948 is also planned.
Organiser: Naomi Manders and Jenny Bogle
Telephone: (07) 3280 0199 or (07) 4615 4017.
Please be aware that you must advise and make payment to the OGA, as well as confirming with your reunion organisers.
All acceptances for the Annual Dinner and Luncheon are interactive or can be downloaded..
Payments ($55 for the Dinner, $40 for the Luncheon) must be made by Cash, Cheque or Electronic Transfer.