School Captain Scholarship
School Captain Scholarships are offered to students who will be completing Year 6 in 2022 and will be a School Captain of their Primary or Junior School.
Selection is based on the strength of the applicant’s portfolio of accomplishments and an interview with the Principal. The scholarship represents up to 25% remission of tuition fees.
- Sound academic achievement.
- Willingness to contribute to the curricular and co-curricular activities of the School, that is, participate in at least two of the following: one sport, one service and one cultural activity each year.
- Ability to comply with the School’s high expectations regarding attitudes, behaviour, uniform, and use of technology.
- The Scholarship will be tenable until the end of Year 10, at which point recipients will undergo a formal review through a re-application process to extend their Scholarship through until the end of Year 12.
- This means that if the conditions of the Scholarship continue to be met, the student retains the Scholarship for the tenure or until she leaves IGGS. Scholarships are not means tested.
If successful, students must:
- Participate actively in all aspects of an all-round education and support others at IGGS.
- Demonstrate a willingness to contribute to the curricular and co-curricular activities of the School, that is, participate in at least two of the following: one sport, one service and one cultural activity each year (reviewed annually).
- Comply with the School’s high expectations regarding attitudes, behaviour, uniform, and use of technology (reviewed each semester).
- Not bring discredit to the School in any way (immediate cancellation).
The student’s family must:
- Pay the balance of any account within four weeks of each term’s commencement.
- Provide in writing to the Board of Trustees an explanation about any delay in settling an account and a request to arrange alternative payment options.
- Actively support the School’s Parents & Friends Association.
- Scholarship applications for the 2023 school year will open in December 2021.
The details of scholarship offers are confidential and must not be disclosed to third parties. The School will not negotiate the conditions or amount of a scholarship once a decision has been made.