Welcome to Cribb House
As Head of Boarding, I and the dedicated boarding team, would like to extend to you a very warm welcome to Cribb House, the home of Ipswich Girls’ and Junior Grammar School’s boarding community.
The School has a very proud history of providing a highly valued boarding program to students from diverse local and international backgrounds.
Cribb House offers many unique opportunities to boarding students. Research confirms that boarders develop close friendships and values through resilience, tolerance, flexibility and independence, often much earlier than others who are not given the same educational opportunities.
Being an active part of the Cribb House community presents boarders the unique opportunities to:
- access additional academic help from tutors and the School’s library and learning resources after school.
- enjoy the security and pastoral care given to boarders who are supervised in an environment where they are supported and routines are established.
- develop great friendships and insights into staff and other students who may be from different backgrounds and cultures.
- be guided by the influence of positive role models and learn the skills associated with living as a member of a close-knit community.
- develop personal qualities such as independence, resilience, flexibility and respect for the rights of others.
- develop leadership skills and qualities through their participation in our Learning Leadership Program.
Welcome to our close-knit community. I look forward to a positive year where opportunities are provided and embraced, challenges are overcome, and successes are celebrated.
It is truly an honour to be entrusted with the care of such vibrant, energetic and wonderful future leaders.
Mrs Suzanne Coulter
Head of Boarding
Ipswich Girls’ and Junior Grammar School